Diesel Light Towers for Public Safety
Wanco Diesel Light Towers for Public Safety provide an independent light source for public events, emergency response and more. Four 1000-watt light fixtures top a 30-foot variable-height mast, while an on-board diesel engine with 30-gallon fuel tank provides power. Portable light towers are a proven tool for police, fire and rescue and more.
High-output fixtures feature a high-intensity parabolic reflector that increases illumination and creates a brighter, more uniform light pattern. The result is greater visibility and improved safety for workers. For fast job-site setup and less downtime, each light fixture can be aimed independently without the use of tools—and the fixtures stay in place once positioned.
The telescoping tower is compact when stored, yet extends to 30 feet when deployed. Two winches raise and extend the mast easily. Power- and hand-operated winches are available. In the upright position, the light tower mast rotates 360 degrees and the lights operate at any height, preventing the trailer from having to be moved frequently.
Trouble-free performance and greater longevity are achieved with a choice of rugged, low-RPM, Tier 4 Final diesel engines and high-quality four-pole generators. A 30-gallon fuel tank provides extended run times of 60 to 70 hours between refueling. The rugged, translucent polyethylene fuel tank is rupture resistant and offers an instant view of fuel level, eliminating the need for a fuel gauge.
Wanco has created a unique innovation that greatly improves serviceability. For complete access to the engine, generator and electrical components, these light towers feature a hinged top panel that rises with the mast when maintenance is required. No other light tower makes engine access this easy. The gull-wing side doors may be opened while the maintenance panel is raised, further enhancing access.
- Telescoping tower deploys with dual winches
- High-efficiency light fixtures provide uniform light pattern
- Lights can be individually aimed without tools
- Tower rotates 360 degrees, even while lights are raised
- Lights operate at any height
- Durable fixtures resist shock and last longer
- Unique lamp design increases filament life and keeps maximum light on the job longer, increasing productivity while saving time and money
- Two outriggers and four leveling jacks provide stability
- 60Hz generator
- Tier 4 Final diesel engine includes glow-plug preheat system for improved cold-weather starting
- Fuel capacity of 30 gallons provides extended run times of 60 to 70 hours between refueling, depending on environmental influences
- Rotating tower reduces the need to frequently move the trailer
- Lockable, weather-resistant, steel cabinet protects engine and electrical components from the elements
- Control panel features hour meter, 120-volt GFCI receptacle for powering external equipment, and circuit breakers for on/off functionality and protection
- Automatic shutdown system protects engine from damage due to low oil pressure and high coolant temperature
- Translucent polyethylene fuel tank provides instant view of fuel level, eliminating the need for a fuel gauge
- Rotating tower reduces the need to frequently move the light tower trailer
- Exclusive hinged top panel provides unimpeded access to engine, generator and electrical components
- Compact design allows efficient transport and storage
- Dusk-to-dawn start/stop system
- Cold weather start package
- Fuel/water separator
Some options may not be available for aftermarket installation. Please consult factory.
Approx. 1800 lbs. (815kg)
MIG welded, unibody-style
Oven-baked powder coating
Combo-hitch for 2-inch ball or 2 1/2-inch pintle hook
Four metal halide lamps
1000 W per lamp
Elliptical housing with glass cover
±5% or ±6% depending on engine, no load to full load
3-cylinder, 4-cycle, liquid‑cooled diesel
12 V dc, 550 CCA
Maximum power output
12.1 or 13.6 hp (9 or 10 kW)*
56 or 68 cu. in. (916 or 1123cm³)*
Sound level, max. load
71 dB @ 23 feet (7m)
Fuel tank capacity
30 gal. (114L)
0.44 gal./hr. (1.67L/h)
Runtime before refueling
60 to 70 hrs., approx.
*Depending on engine model
Specifications subject to change without notice.