Pole-Mount Radar-Speed Signs, Legacy Models
Pole-mounted speed signs are often deployed in school zones, neighborhoods and high-accident areas — locations where obeying the speed limit is critical. Wanco radar-speed signs provide advanced speed display in an easy‑to-use system that helps warn motorists to slow down.
- High-output amber LEDs
- Clearly displays speed in mph
- Configurable activation, violation, and speed settings
- Choose either 18-inch or 12-inch character size to suit the application
- Optical lenses and sun shades over 18-inch LED characters ensure superior legibility
- Display flashes vehicle’s speed if above the user-configured over-speed setting
- Display flashes four-corner if a vehicle exceeds a second, extreme-speed setting
- Diamond-grade reflective sheeting resembles R2-1
- Approach-only K-band radar measures speeds from 5 to 150 mph (8 to 240 km/h), at a distance of up to 1500 feet (450 meters)
- Software-controlled selection of speed units, mph or km/h
- Radar unit is CE compliant, FCC approved
- Signs feature standard mounting for a 4½-inch diameter round pole
- Commercial AC powered, or battery powered with solar-panel charging system
- Regulator shuts down solar charging system when batteries are fully charged,preventing damage
- Standard aluminum enclosure houses electronics and battery, and features a police-lock for security
- 12- or 18-inch characters
- 3-character display
- Km/h units
- Choice of R2-1 regulatory signs
- 365-day programmable timer
- Accepts accessory warning devices such as a strobe light
- Aluminum 4-inch (4.5-inch OD) diameter 14-foot-tall pole with pedestal base
- Yellow diamond grade sheeting
- Radar-based traffic counter
- Flashing beacons
†Some options may not be available for aftermarket installation. Please consult factory.
Specifications†Dimensions, 12-inch characters — inches (cm)
Dimensions, 18-inch characters — inches (cm)
Speed-display cabinet Aluminum sheet construction Coating Powder-coated and oven-baked Sign Aluminum sheetPower system Commercial power option 110/120 V ac, hard-wired Battery/solar option 12 V dc battery power with 50 W solar-panel charging system, 70 Ah battery capacityOptional traffic data collector Technology Radar-based, no loops or hoses Count Counts both approaching and receding vehicles
Records speed, direction, length, date and time
Counts up to 57,000 vehicles
Range Up to 393 ft. (120 m)
†Specifications subject to change without notice.
DetailsWanco radar-speed signs feature configurable settings, providing adjustments for speed limit, over-speed and extreme-speed. Above the over-speed setting, the sign flashes the motorist’s speed. Above the extreme-speed setting, the sign flashes four-corner. Below the speed limit, the display remains blank.
The speed display includes optical lenses and sun shades over two bright LED characters, producing superior visibility. The display is available with 18- or 12-inch characters. An optional three-character display is also available.
Financing your capital equipment purchases means saving your cash for use in other ways. Builders, contractors and rental businesses across the country continue to use equipment financing to help simplify cost justification, increase margins and grow their enterprises.
- High-output amber LEDs