Software Engineering Development Manager
Wanco is seeking a Software Engineering Development Manager who will manage the software development life-cycle for Wanco products.
The primary function will be to mentor and manage software developers to deliver robust software solutions that meet customer needs in a timely manner.
Secondary aspects of the role include establishing/enhancing proven software development methodologies at Wanco, such as defect tracking, developer testing, defining customer level testing requirements, code optimization, and design reviews.
The Software Development Manager role is a critical function at Wanco; the right candidate will, in time, oversee team selection, drive platform definition, make recommendations on tool selection and participate in project definition, selection, and team assignment.
- Direct the software release process with the goal of delivering software releases on time, on budget, with high quality and according to agreed-upon scope
- Develop resourcing strategies for the ongoing development and maintenance of multiple software products
- Provide exceptional communications to internal and external customers regarding project status and timelines
- Responsible for adhering to project plans, defining the functional specifications, and reporting on development process
- Responsible for application testing through test review and analysis, test witnessing, up to including validation and verification of software
- Establish and maintain consistent procedures, metrics and development approaches in accordance with SDLC good practices including assisting in code reviews
- Establish and execute short- and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
- Ensure appropriate resources are identified, hired and retained
- Successfully translate corporate objectives into team and individual goals
- Direct day-to-day activities of development team, provide mentoring to team members
- Ensure high quality in developed applications through documentation (test cases), client communication (UAT) and management of QA processes
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with CS emphasis and/or minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Experience in troubleshooting digital and analog hardware
- Experience with IoT and web technologies is a plus
- Experience with Linux, Ethernet protocols, TCP/IP, DHCP, ARM, UART, SPI bus
- Experience with common embedded development environments, such as Eclipse with SVN, and automated build environments
- Understand internal customer requirements, external technology trends, competition, and business environments as they relate to product strategy
- 5+ years: Rails / REST / MVC / API Development
- Git / GitHub / Pull Request Workflows
- Unit / Integration Testing
- Security Best Practices: Devise / User Authentication / Policy-Based User Privileges
- Proficiency working with JSON and REST API and web services development
- Hands-on development and architecture experience in Microsoft .NET, C# / ASP.NET, Visual Studio, MS SQL, Web Services
- Experience working with DevOps methodologies and tools such as GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.
- Demonstrated project planning, estimation and release management ability
- Knowledge of working within cloud hosting environments (AWS preferred)
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environment (preferred)
- Experience with Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Proven ability to implement and lead implementation of CICD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Development) practices
- Demonstrated ability to implement a software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact across the organization
5870 Tennyson Street
Arvada, Colorado 80003