Mini RVMS for Public Safety
The Wanco Remote-Video Monitoring System adds video monitoring and remote-access capability to Wanco Mini Matrix Message Signs. Designed for public safety and law enforcement agencies, the system allows remote control of both the camera and the sign. Monitor traffic, change the message displayed on the sign, and control the day/night pan-tilt-zoom camera 24/7 using your computer’s Web browser.
This intelligent transportation system (ITS) links your Wanco message sign and your computer wirelessly via cellular communications. You can monitor and control various aspects of the sign’s operation, and monitor traffic while controlling the integrated video camera.
How it works
Remote communication with the Remote-Video Monitoring System (RVMS) is possible using a computer, an Internet connection, and the cellular router installed at the message sign. Connect from the comfort of your office, a command center, or any Internet-enabled location.
At the heart of the RVMS is a high-speed 4G cellular router. Client software installed on your computer lets you use a standard Internet browser to “call up” the router. The RVMS video server provides access to the camera, while the router enables access to the sign’s NTCIP-compliant control system. A device server lets you view data from accessories such as radar and GPS.
The RVMS communications components include a cellular router, a signal amplifier to boost cellular signal strength, the message sign’s control software, various server components, and optional accessories. Internal connections at the message sign are prewired and preconfigured at the factory.
With Wanco client software installed, your computer can access and control the RVMS video camera, message sign, and accessories. Modify the message displayed on the sign; check the unit’s power levels; pan, tilt, and zoom the video camera, access radar and GPS data; and more, all without leaving your chair.
- Live video for real-time monitoring
- Remote control of camera and sign
- Traffic, radar* and GPS data
- Easy to use
- Portable and wireless
Remote Access and Control
- Remote access with Wanco PWZ Logger program
- Monitor vehicle and pedestrian traffic in real time
- Access live or recorded MPEG video stream
- Pan, tilt and zoom the camera
- Change the message displayed on the sign
- View system health and related data
- View radar* and GPS data
- High-speed 4G LTE cellular router installed in control box
Camera and Video
- Day/night camera
- Camera can record video to user-supplied SD card
- Access using a standard Internet browser
- Auto-tracking, gatekeeper and guard tour features
- Alarm notifications
- Multiple video-stream types
- Easy to tow and deploy quickly by one person
- Onboard controller
- AMBER Alert ready
- Preprogrammed text messages, symbols and graphics simplify message creation
- Low power consumption with long run times
- NEMA‑4 control box with space for user-installed devices
- All-welded structural steel trailer with heavy-duty bolt-on fenders
- Stainless steel hardware where practical
- Durable powder-coat finish
- Low weight, can be towed by most vehicles
- Standard tow hitch for easy transport
- NTCIP-compliant communications
*Radar is optional equipment.
- Axis Q6042-E domed day/night, pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ), autofocus camera
- Choice of battery types and configurations
- Additional solar
- Combo-hitch for pintle hook and 2-inch ball hitch
- Heavy-duty lunette ring for 2 1/2-inch pintle hook
Some options may not be available for aftermarket installation. Please consult factory.
SpecificationsDownload Full Specs
Axis P5624-E domed day/night, pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ), autofocus camera
360 degrees, endless
18× optical zoom and 12× digital zoom, total 216× zoom
1280x720 (HDTV 720) to 320x180
Multiple user-access levels, IP address filtering, HTTPS encryption, IEEE 802.1X authentication
High-speed 4G LTE Remote access only (no local access)
Wanco PWZ Logger
Electrically operated winch, telescoping tower rises to 66 inches (168cm) above top of message sign board
Maximum camera height
18 feet (5.5 meters) from ground
Cellular data plan required
Modem programmed by Wanco according to user-provided specifications
Sierra Wireless Airlink GX450
Approved for use on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and others
Controls and monitoring software
MPEG video and PTZ camera control using Axis Video via Internet browser
NTCIP-compliant message board control and monitoring using Wanco remote software
Camera power control and monitoring and real-time radar capture using Wanco LVD SCADA
Approach-only radar can be displayed on Portable Work Zone software, providing approximate speed of traffic
GPS data access using Virtual Port or GPS software with TCP/IP
*Camera and modem options available. Radar is optional equipment. For more information, please contact the factory.
Specifications subject to change without notice.