Traffic Data Classifier System
The Wanco Traffic Data Classifier System provides a safe method for analyzing traffic patterns. The Data Collector employs side-fire radar to measure vehicle speed and length. Completely nonintrusive, it uses no wires, loops or hoses. The Traffic Analyzer software is an analytic graphing application that makes it easy to chart and interpret traffic data. With an optional modem, data can be retrieved remotely via the Internet.
Agencies with an interest in public safety use the Wanco Traffic Data Classifier System for analyzing traffic flow and making informed decisions for managing traffic. The system is often deployed in neighborhoods, school zones and traffic hot spots to investigate complaints from citizens, neighborhoods and construction crews. The system comprises a data collector and analytic software.
The data collector is installed on a Wanco speed trailer, message sign, or nearly any Wanco equipment. The data collector employs side-fire radar to measure lane flow and density, continuously capturing vehicle speed, direction, length and count. It captures both approaching and departing traffic. It operates simultaneously with or independently from the equipment it is attached to, and is powered by that equipment’s power system.
The Wanco Traffic Analyzer program, installed on a user-supplied computer, downloads traffic data from the collector and presents it in interactive graphs that are easy to customize, making interpretation a simple task. The program allows multiple projects to be managed in a single window, and data graphing can be filtered and customized. The program presents graphs for vehicle count versus speed, volume over time and means and percentiles.
The data collector stores up to five million records in internal memory, data that can be retrieved for analysis. Millions of records can be downloaded locally or remotely in just minutes — locally using a USB flash drive, or remotely over a wireless cellular connection. When the system includes an optional Wanco cellular modem, the Traffic Analyzer can retrieve data remotely over an Internet connection.
- Collects and classifies traffic data
- Low-cost solution
- Nonintrusive — no wires, loops or hoses
- Analytic software for data analysis and graphing
- Remote access with optional modem
- Tool for traffic engineers to investigate lane flow, speed and density
- Use collected data to make decisions and recommendations for managing traffic
- Investigate and validate complaints from citizens, neighborhoods and contractors
- Planners can back up needs and recommendations with real data
- Decide when to put police on the roads
- Prove the need for traffic controls
- Nonintrusive, no disturbance of traffic flow during installation or use
- Radar-based design is less dangerous to install than loops and hoses
- Most effective for two-lane roads
- Counts both approaching and receding vehicles
- Side-fire radar system captures date and time, traffic volume, and vehicle speed, direction and length
- Registers millions of vehicles in internal memory
- Can be added to any new Wanco Radar-Speed Sign or Wanco Message Sign
- Optional modem allows remote data retrieval via the Internet
- Wanco Traffic Analyzer program included with system
- Program installs on user-supplied computer
- Analytic graphing charts vehicle count vs. speed, volume over time, and means & percentiles for easy analysis
- Filter data as desired
- Fully interactive graphs can be customized for your requirements
- Name projects and add details and notes when needed
- Export graphs in common file formats
Not available for aftermarket or field installation.
Some options may not be available for aftermarket installation. Please consult factory.
Registers both approaching and departing vehicles
1000 ft. @ 5 to 85 mph (305 m @ 8 to 135 km)
5 to 138 mph (8 to 222 km/h)
Max. traffic lanes
±1 mph from 5 to 40 mph, ±2 mph from 40 to 100 mph (±1.6 km/h from 8 to 64 km/h, ±3.2 km/h from 64 to 161 km/h)
English or metric
Registers up to five million records in internal memory
ASCII text file
Speed, date, time, direction, length for each vehicle
Microwave K-band, 24.125 GHz
Power provided by Wanco equipment to which the data collector is attached
150 mA @ 12.6V
6 to 30V
27 dBm (EIRP)
9800, 8 bits, no parity
Local, USB port
Remote, cellular modem
Calibration not required
FCC part 15 class A
Wanco Traffic Analyzer
Microsoft Windows (most versions)
Specifications subject to change without notice.