Traffic Solar Surveillance System
The Wanco Solar Surveillance DOT System is a small-frame camera trailer with a 20-foot mast and optional speed-detection radar. This portable system is designed for work zones and construction areas, providing remote live video from its pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) dome camera and statistical data from a radar sensor. Energy-efficient components and the solar-charging power system provide year-round autonomous operation in most geographic locations.
Wanco’s Traffic Solar Surveillance System features a single camera, optional radar sensor selected specifically for portable outdoor use by transportation departments, and a cellular gateway for remote access and control. Easy to set up and use, the system provides live streaming video in a compact self-contained unit.
DOT traffic operations centers (TOCs) can view traffic, road and weather conditions in real time. With the optional traffic radar sensor, traffic engineers can perform intersection studies including data such as volume, speed and occupancy over multiple lanes. Agencies and users can view traffic in heavy-volume areas and work zones. Because the system is portable, it can also augment applications where construction might require permanent cameras to be taken offline.
System power is provided by batteries, charged by the solar-based charging system. In a typical deployment with sufficient sunlight, the system can run continuously and independently year-round. An onboard AC-powered charger is also included.
- Engineered specifically for DOTs and transportation agencies
- Side-fire radar sensor is optional
- Radar data includes volume, speed, occupancy and classification
- 20-foot vertical tower rotates nearly 360 degrees
- Year-round autonomous operation
- One outdoor IP-network camera
- Axis day/night PTZ dome style camera with 360° rotation
- Full remote control of pan, tilt and zoom functions
- Multi-lane, side-fire sensor* records traffic volume, speed, occupancy and classification
- High-speed 4G LTE cellular gateway**
- Multiple antenna types for the signal power and distance you need
**Requires cellular plan
- Battery powered
- Maintenance-free sealed batteries
- Solar-based charging system charges batteries automatically without intervention
- Solar array tilts from horizontal to nearly vertical for optimal sun exposure
- Charging system shuts down when batteries are fully charged, preventing damage
- Unique system allows battery charging with solar panels or commercial power
- Secure tamper-resistant battery box
- Drawbar is removable for shipping and for added theft protection
- Tie-downs can be anchored to ground or other equipment
Choice of cameras
Choice of modems
Choice of radar or traffic sensor
Solar array size
Wanco Asset Tracker for GPS location and battery health monitoring
Specifications subject to change without notice.