20kW Light Tower
The Wanco 20kW Light Tower is based on our powerful 20kW mobile generator. This is by far the most powerful light tower on the market today with more surplus power than any other brand. A true 20 kilowatts, this industrial light tower lights up your work site with plenty of available power for all your field office needs — and it is quieter than a ringing alarm clock. The light tower’s energy-efficient LEDs are brighter than 1000-watt metal halide lights. The generator is plumbed for auxiliary fuel, just hook it up and it will run indefinitely.
LED technology effectively replaces outdated HID flood lights. By design, LEDs have a more controlled, highly directional light distribution, focusing light rather than sending it in all directions. The result is more efficient use of light energy and much lower power consumption. The Wanco 20kW Light Tower optimizes the benefits of LED technology for brilliant illumination and extraordinary fuel savings.
The telescoping vertical tower is compact when stored, yet rises to nearly 30 feet when deployed. A single winch raises and lowers the tower, which rotates 358 degrees even when deployed. Light fixtures can be aimed individually without tools, and the lights operate at any height.
The power system features a rugged Perkins diesel engine and an oversized Mecc Alte alternator with PMG for superior starting capacity. An extra-large fuel tank provides extended run times, and an electric fuel gauge provides fuel level via the engine controller.
Exceptional power efficiency and fuel savings create a smaller carbon footprint compared to other light towers. Low fuel consumption not only lengthens run times, it greatly reduces refueling and overall maintenance costs. Built-in fluid containment protects against ground contamination from leaks, spills and drips.
- 200,000 lumens with LED fixtures
- Telescoping vertical tower
- True 25kVA/20kW industrial generator
- Switchable 3-phase/1-phase power
- Connections for auxiliary fuel tank
Lights and Tower
- Full-spectrum 6500K daylight is less artificial-looking and easier on the eyes
- Instant-on and immediate full intensity — no warm-up or cool-down, never any waiting
- 50,000-hour LED lifespan reduces maintenance, never replace a light bulb
- Industrial-grade fixtures are heavy-duty, rugged and extremely durable
- Metal halide light configuration is optional
- Large step-up platform for adjusting light fixtures
- Aim lights without tools
- 358-degree tower rotation from the ground
- Lights operate at any height
- Perkins Flex Tier 4i heavy-duty diesel engine, 4-cycle, indirect injection
- Enlarged fuel cell for maximum run times
- Oversized alternator with PMG for superior starting
- Dual-containment fuel cell and environmental containment basin
- Sound attenuation for superior noise reduction
- Voltage adjusting rheostat
- Multi-voltage switch
- Emergency-stop switch located on outside of enclosure
- Fully lockable enclosure including doors and fuel fill
- Heavy gauge steel enclosure, powder-coated for durability and long life
- Insulated closed-cell and baffled noise reduction
- Torsion axle for superior towing
- Metal halide lights
- Auto-start/stop system
- Cold-soak prevention system
- 50 Hz generator
- Combo-hitch for 2-inch ball and 3-inch pintle hook
- Electric tower winch
- Electric brakes
Some options may not be available for aftermarket installation. Please consult factory.
Welded structural steel
Oven-baked powder coating
Heavy-duty lunette ring for 3-inch pintle hook
Four LED fixtures
400 W per fixture
50,000 lumens per fixture
200,000 lumens total
27 kVA / 22 kW
25 kVA / 20 kW
4-cylinder, 4-stroke, Tier 4i Flex indirect injection diesel
Brushless, class H
12 Vdc 950 CCA
Sound level, max. load
59 dBA @ 23 feet (7 m)
Fuel tank capacity
60.7 gal. (229.7 L)
Specifications subject to change without notice.