Long-Run Light Towers
Wanco Long-Run Light Towers feature an exclusive, revolutionary design that provides more light than a metal halide light tower, but uses far less fuel. Four powerful LED light fixtures provide emulated daylight across a wide field, lighting the entire work area. With plenty of power-saving technology, including a premium-grade Perkins engine, run times exceed 225 hours before refueling. There has never been a light tower like this.
LED technology effectively replaces outdated HID flood lights. By design, LEDs have a more controlled, highly directional light distribution, focusing light rather than sending it in all directions. The result is more efficient use of light energy and much lower power consumption. Wanco Long-Run Light Towers optimize the benefits of LED technology for brilliant illumination and extraordinary fuel savings.
The telescoping tower assembly is compact when stored, yet rises to 30 feet when deployed. Two winches raise and extend the mast easily. Power- and hand-operated winches are available. In the upright position, the light tower mast rotates 360 degrees, and each light can be aimed individually. The lights can operate at any height.
The power system features a rugged Tier 4 diesel engine and high-quality two-pole generator. An extra-large fuel tank provides extended run times of 225 hours or more between refuelings. An electric fuel gauge provides an instant read of fuel level, and is lighted for easy viewing at night.
Exceptional power efficiency and fuel savings create a smaller carbon footprint than other light towers. Low fuel consumption not only lengthens run times, it greatly reduces refueling and maintenance costs. Additionally, built-in fluid containment protects against ground contamination from leaks, spills and drips.
Wanco created a unique innovation that greatly improves serviceability. For complete access to the engine, generator and electrical components, Long-Run Light Towers feature a hinged top panel that rises with the mast when maintenance is required. No other light tower makes engine access this easy. Gull-wing side doors may be opened while the maintenance panel is raised, further enhancing access.
Wanco Long-Run Light Towers can be enhanced for specific applications with a wide selection of options: a flashing beacon indicates low fuel and activation of the fluid containment system; an electric fan with sensor-controlled operation keeps the engine running in extreme temperatures; automatic engine controls provide autonomous operation for remote locations; and many more options are available to suit your application.
- More efficient than a metal halide light tower
- Less than a third of the operating cost
- 225 hours or more on a single tank of fuel
- Quiet operation — softer than a phone’s dial tone
- “Instant on” and full brightness right away
High-Efficiency LED Lights
- Full-spectrum 6500K daylight is less artificial-looking and easier on the eyes
- Instant-on and immediate full intensity, no warm-up or cool-down, never any waiting
- 50,000-hour LED lifespan reduces maintenance, never replace a light bulb
- Industrial-grade fixtures are heavy-duty, rugged and extremely durable
Revolutionary Power System
- High-quality Perkins industrial diesel engine, 3-cylinder, water-cooled
- Engine properly sized for smaller-wattage load of high-efficiency LED lights
- Engine size prevents wet stacking, ensuring higher efficiency and no waste
- Fuel consumption measured at just 0.24 gallons per hour based on independent testing (other light towers use about a half gallon or more)
- Exceeds 225-hour run time before refueling
- 54-gallon steel fuel tank has extra-large filler neck
- Electric fuel gauge includes a light for nighttime viewing
- Control panel features elapsed hour meter and circuit breakers for lights and main power
- Convenience outlet for auxiliary equipment has a dedicated circuit breaker
- Convenience outlet provides more power output than conventional light towers, up to 2400 watts
- Ultra quiet — just 58 dBA at 30 feet, 68 dBA at 18 inches
- Automatic engine-shutdown system protects engine from damage due to low oil pressure and high coolant temperature
- Fixture-stabilizing transport straps provide built-in protection for lights
- Torsion axle for smoother ride, reduces stresses on light tower components
- Fully enclosed equipment bay protects controls, engine and all other components from the elements and unauthorized access
- Eco-friendly integral spill containment, holds 110% of engine fluids if leaks and spills occur
- Compact design allows efficient transport and storage
- Hinged maintenance panel provides unimpeded access to engine, generator and electrical components
- Steel enclosure protects components from the elements — powder-coated and weather-resistant
- Snow hoods protect air vents against moisture and debris infiltration
- Door latches accept user-supplied padlocks to prevent unauthorized access
- Two outriggers and five leveling jacks provide stability
- Control panel features hour meter, 120-volt GFCI receptacle for powering external equipment, and circuit breakers for on/off functionality and protection
- Diesel engine includes electric fuel pump for a steady supply of fuel, and glow-plug preheat system for increased service life and improved cold-weather starting
- Auto-start/stop system turns the light tower on at dusk and off at dawn
- Warning beacon flashes for low fuel and spill containment, and a sensor triggers engine shutdown before a containment breach can occur
- Dual electric winches make deployment even easier
- Cold-weather start package includes oil pan and block heater, as well as a built-in GFCI junction box
- Sound attenuation further reduces noise level
- Emergency-stop button for quick, manual engine shutdown
- Oversized forklift channels installed under frame, all-welded construction
- Off-road trailer package features a wide-stance torsion axle and 15‑inch tires to improve mobility on rough terrain
Some options may not be available for aftermarket installation. Please consult factory.
Latest product documents only. For older product documentation, please contact our customer service department.
Approx. 2165 lbs. (982kg)
Approx. 1780 lbs. (807kg)
MIG welded, unibody-style
Oven-baked powder coating
Combo-type for 2-inch ball and 2½-inch pintle hook
Four LED fixtures
400 W per fixture
50,000 lumens per fixture
200,000 lumens total
16 A @ 240 V
60 or 50 Hz, depending on model
< 6%, no load to full load
3-cylinder, 4-cycle, Tier 4 diesel
Brushless, class H
12 Vdc, 390 CCA
Maximum power output
8.8 hp (6.56 kW)
46.4 in³ (760 cm³)
Sound level, max. load
58 dB @ 30 ft (9.1 m)
Fuel tank capacity
54 gal (204 L)
0.24 gal/hr (0.91 L/h)
Runtime before refueling
225 hrs or more
Specifications subject to change without notice.