MTO Canada Arrow Board
Our MTO Arrow Board is specifically designed for use in Canada. Approved by the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario (MTO), this 15-light arrow board is perfect for guiding traffic through day and night closures. Robust built-in “flapper” panels provide fail-safe operation in case of a power failure. Flapper panels feature reflective orange sheeting and can be adjusted for right-facing, left-facing and double arrows. The arrow board offers seven patterns, including right and left sequential stem arrows. Wanco Arrow Boards are highly reliable, visible from distances of a mile or more, and employ a unique high-efficiency power system.
W|ECO arrow boards use Wanco’s high-efficiency LED lights and sealed batteries. Exclusive to Wanco, each LED consumes 85% less power than those used on traditional arrow boards. As a result, W|ECO arrow boards use fewer, smaller batteries than traditional arrow boards.
Smaller and fewer batteries results in greatly reduced lead content — 80% less, when compared to traditional arrow board batteries. Additionally, W|ECO batteries are fully sealed and will not leak or spill. Because they require no maintenance, W|ECO batteries last longer with fewer replacements.
During the manufacturing process, Wanco products are powder coated, not painted. Powder coating emits near-zero volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and nearly all over-spray is reclaimed and reused.
Finally, when a W|ECO arrow board reaches the end of its useful life — usually because of a collision (we have never seen one wear out) — nearly every component can be recycled.
Wanco Arrow Boards set the highest standards of quality and performance in the industry.
- Super-bright LED display
- 7 display patterns
- Energy efficient eco-friendly operation
- Large display is MTO approved
- Maintenance-free batteries
- High-output amber LEDs legible up to 1 mile (1.6 km)
- Selection of arrow and bar patterns
- Flapper panels and reflective sheeting provide fail-safe operation in case of power failure
- Easy to operate and maintain
- Heavy-duty hand-winch with safety brake allows one person to raise board
- Single locking device holds arrow board in place while operating and during transport
- Controller located safely away from traffic
- Weather-resistant control box cover has lockable slam-latch
- Control box outputs have short-circuit protection, helping prevent blown transistors
- Arrow display has automatic and manual dimming, with flash rates of 30 to 40 per minute
- Stabilizer legs raise tires off the ground to provide stability in high wind
- Positive-drive voltage system applies power to lamps only when lit
- Power system includes resetting dual circuit breakers, reverse polarity protection, and low-voltage disconnect
- Solar charging system features solid state voltage regulator with charge indicator
- Solar panel mounted above arrow board for continuous no shadow charging
- Maintenance-free batteries
- Durable powder-coat finish resists the elements
- Lamps and visors are easily replaced
- Standard trailer tires
- Heavy-duty bolt-on fenders can be replaced if damaged
- Consumes 80% less power than other solar arrow boards
- Smaller batteries have 80% less lead content
- Sealed batteries will not leak or spill
- Decreased charging time saves energy and downtime
- Manufacturing process emits near-zero VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Nearly every component can be recycled
- Additional solar
- Additional batteries
- Combo-hitch for 2-inch ball and 2½-inch pintle hook
- Lunette ring tow hitch for 2½-inch pintle hook
- Heavy-duty ring for 3-inch pintle hook
- Manual dimming
- 2-amp battery charger
- Auto-lock stabilizer jacks
Some options may not be available for aftermarket installation. Please consult factory.
Approx. 1000 lbs. (453kg)
All welded structural steel
Aluminum sheet and welded channels
Powder-coated and oven-baked
2000 lb. (907kg) capacity with 5-on-5.5 inch B.C. idler hub 60-inch wheel track Double eye leaf springs
ST205/75D15 trailer tires
Leak and spill-proof valve-regulated lead acid (VRLA)
48 Ah total
Number of batteries
One solar panel
Solar panel regulation
Specifications subject to change without notice.